Greetings fair traveller!



Welcome! Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. We serve tea and croissants here.

I wanted to create my own little BJD blog for a long time, but I have been rather overwhelmed about the whole idea. I love sharing photos on Instagram and Flickr, but in addition to photos I wanted to have a space to just ramble and share more of "behind the scenes" stuff, like DIY, my doll profiles, unboxings, information about my storyline, photos and so on. It was one of my New Year's resolutions to (finally!!) start my own blog and find more interesting doll blogs to read. :)

I found old BJD quiz circling around Flickr (unfortunately I did not find who made it originally, if you know please let me know in the comments) and I thought it would be fun to answer these questions as an opener.

1:From all the dolls you own,who is your favourite and why

I love all my dolls for different reasons, so I cannot pick just one. But if it was a favourite doll sculpt, I would probably pick Soom Idealian Amor. He was my grail sculpt for a long time. 

2:Explain how you managed to get into BJD collecting

I found BJDs around 2008, when I was googling something related to gothic lolita style. I came across photos of Dream of Doll Homme Ducan and got super interested what kind of doll it was. I went to a local BJD forum to gather more information. If I remember right I got my first BJD in 2009.

3:Name the very first doll you ever bought

Dollzone Megi, his nickname was Sintti. I cannot remember what I officially named him as he did not have a character. 

4:Which doll do you plan to buy next

I don't really have doll plans currently, but at some point I want to buy a body for my Little Monica Elena classic head that I recently bought.

5:(Opppps missed # 5 question/sorry)

♥ 

6:Are you currently waiting on any dolls

 Yes, currently waiting on Little Monica Elena classic head.

7:How many dolls do you currently have

 13 dolls

8:Name the very last doll you bought

 Little Monica Elena classic head that I am waiting, or for full dolls Soom Idealian Roben.  

9:What is the worst thing about this hobby

 Haha, probably having to always save money. :'>

10:What is the best thing about this hobby

Having a medium to be creative, versatility, learn new skills, take photographs, meet interesting new people.. there are so many things I love about this hobby. 

11:Which is your best dolly photo (of yours) (copy the link and past using [ ] at either end

 My favourite doll photo of 2024 so far:


My favourite doll photo of 2023:


My favourite doll photo of 2022:

12:Which is your favourite BJD company

 SOOM, Little Monica, Peak'sWoods, Souldoll, Volks

13:Who are on your wish list

 Currently only a new SD body

14: Are there any dolls you wished you had never purchased

 Not really, I loved all my dolls when I purchased them. I have sold dolls in the past, but it was more of that a doll did not fit a character I was trying to shell. I cannot think of parting with any of my current dolls. 

15: Who's your favourite face up artists

 I cannot choose just one, there are so many talented faceup artists out there. I love to look both very realistic faceups and also very "animesque" or fantasy styles. 

16:What is a must when considering a purchase/pose ability/faceup/age/etc

 That depends on each person, their style, what they are looking for, what they wish to do with the doll... always get a doll, that you love and what makes you the happiest. 

17:Anything else you'd like to add

I am currently making a photoshoot of one of my BJDs with a doll size vanity mirror. I want her to have some makeup props, so I was thinking that maybe in the next post I will try to show my progress of making those with Fimo polymer clay and some miniature bottles. Have a wonderful day! 

Comments