Vanity photoshoot

 


One of my dolly goals for this year was to get or build more props, especially furniture, for my dolls. So, when I saw this doll sized vanity mirror on a local thrift store I knew I had to get it.


I did add some decorative details to the vanity, because plain white looks boring. The details are made with two component epoxy putty called "Milliput". Maybe you saw there are some scars on Rissa's body. Yup, made with same stuff. Milliput is great for modeling, as it durable, sticks to different surfaces and is self hardening. However, you must wear cloves while working with it as it can irritate skin before it is completely hardened. 


A vanity without makeup is no vanity at all, so I wanted to make some makeup props. I did use some small glass bottles, which I filled with dried lavender and rose petals. First I wanted to use rubbing alcohol with some food coloring and mica powder (potion bottles style), but because I had cork caps all the rubbing alcohol would just evaporate. So instead I decided to use dried flowers and make them last longer. Additionally, I had some Fimo polymer clay, which I used to make some bases for makeup bottles. I added stickers and paint on top and finished surfaces with glossy varnish. 


Dolly fact! Rissa is a vampire / blood-eater, but she has a reflection, because she used to be human before. She was a famous healer, who sacrificed her health to save others. Her body has endured a lot and that's why she has lots of scars and dark bags under her eyes. Even so, sometimes she likes to pamper herself with some makeup. :)

Comments

Xanadu said…
Finally some a new blogger to add to my reading list! I do hope you continue blogging about your dolls and associated interests. This was a very interesting post. 😘