Let's dye my BJD!

This is not supposed to be a tutorial how to dye BJDs, it is just some inside how I dye my dolls. Please do more research if you wish to dye your dolls. 

                                                

I like to use Rit Dyemore for Synthetic fibres. It is already in liquid form and can be mixed with water. This time I will use graphite, royal purple and frost grey colours. 


Before dyeing I did wash and clean all the parts. I did prepare the parts with this blue cotton yarn. White yarn is better, but I have used this yarn before, so I know it does not leak colours. 


I mix the colours I want to use with water on a stainless steel pot and add one tea spoon of diswashing liquid (I usually use Fairy, but the brand does not really matter) to the mix. I use more colour with darker shades and less colour if I want a lighter shade. After that I heat the mixture up on a stove, but don't let it boil. I always wear nitrile gloves while dyeing the parts even if I have the parts hanging on yarn.


I keep stirring the parts in the colour mixture and washing on a bucket of water until I get the result I want. I keep repeating this several times so I can keep on track of the colour. Darker colours usually take more time. This also depends on the original colour of the resin. 


Tadah! After I get the results I want I will wash all the parts under a running water and let them dry. 



I am happy with the final results, the dye job is pretty even and colour is a nice dark purple shade. Time for bodyblush, face-up and restringing!