Turning an old toy suitcase into yo-sd carrier

I found this toy suitcase from a thrift store and thought it would make a perfect carrier for my YO-SD dolls. I have mostly bigger SD sized dolls, so I only have a big BJD carrier bag. Yet, I rarely take my bigger dolls out. So this toy suitcase was obviously a perfect solution!



Trix here is modelling the final product. It works perfectly, I tried to shake the carrier  around while the doll was inside and it stays in its place nicely. Plus, the carrier is super cute! 



I started the project by measuring the suitcase and cutting super foam with a carpet knife. The super foam is the background where the doll will lie. After that I took my doll model and checked places where I want to put silk ribbons that will hold the doll.  



First I tried to use a staple gun to attach the silk ribbons on the suitcase, but it was way too powerful. I ended up using some gorilla tape and a hot glue gun. I attached the ribbons first and after that the background on top. I did cover the background with a piece of fabric before attaching it to the suitcase. I also made some pillows I can add in the carrier to make it extra secure for the doll just in case on of the ribbons comes loose. 


I am very happy, the carrier project was very succesful! What kind of carrier bags you have or do you prefer to photograph your dolls mostly inside (like me)?